• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ever see these settings before...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RainMaQer

3D God
Found some settings in my bios that I'm uncertain of... I'd like to know (if possible) what exactly they do... and NEED to know if they are performance enhancing or stability enhancing (or both). Really appreciate any help on this... I checked several bios guides that I know of and couldn't find them. One of the guides listed ONE of the settings... but only gave the options available... like I didn't already know that :rolleyes:. Again thanks for any help on this...

The settings are:

Byte Merge (enable/disable)
PCI to DRAM Prefetch (enable/disable)
Delayed Transaction (enable/disable)<--This one has a little note on the split screen in the bios... "Set to enable to activate this feature of the PCI 2.1 specification..." or something to that effect.

Byte Merge (enable/disable) has something to do with PCI slots and the PCI bus. Enabling will help performance a little. Enabling PCI to DRAM prefetch will help a little also. I think disabling delay transaction is the best for speed but I'm not 100% shure on that one. I tested the first to settings with 3d mark and it helped my score a fuzz.

Thanks for the help guys... those settings were for my P3V4X. I got rid that... used an Abit BX6 for a week or so... and now I've switched teams... thats right... Amd Athlon 1600+ and MSI K7T Turbo Limited Edition (red with some extras) w/RAID :D

The bios on this one has me fricken lost. Thanks for that link... should help clear some of these settings up for me.

Back