• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best computer speakers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
300W per channel on the front speakers is overkill for home audio and it's also true that like most consumer audio equipment, it's not going to do 600W continuously without overheating. (You'll have to go to pro grade hardware for that, at a much higher price.) But it won't have any problem doing at least 100W per channel or so, still a huge amount for home audio.

Chi.Nese. Junk. 600 watts at 48v isn't going to handle transients, concerts, metal, or anything else "busy" without sounding congested. Besides the fact that the power rating won't ever be achieved by any end user. Here's the specs for that board, taken from the description. As I said-junk.

Yeah but it's Color: yellow lol. I like the cambridge one too.

Notarat I love the dayton tube amp. I used to have similar 6x9 klipsch speakers in my car that were fng amazing hooked to a $30 car stereo. My car was stolen just because of the speakers when I forgot to cover them up one night working security no less. The car was so ugly I knew it was safe there had I covered the speakers:bang head.
I was looking at the 12" VTF-2 MK5 subwoofer at $509. It goes all the way down to 18Hz. Could of swore I saw it here but can't find the thread no less.
http://hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-2mk5.html
Pickpic.jpg
My S8 sub is quite nice still. Just wish the control knobs were on the front and not the rear.

I bought a used pair of Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 on Ebay and I absolutely love them ($230) They are in perfect condition and sound awesome A whole lot better than my Logitech 2.1 setup and any of the Klipsch I had hooked up to my computer!!! Thought about going with the Audioengine but came across these and couldn't pass them up! I also have a HTPC hooked up to a Krell Pre/Pro & Amp with B&W 805s and it is awesome

Back