• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creative DVD 12x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thermal

I am having some trouble w/ this thing...Some times it works, most of the time it just spits out the DVD...it won't stop doing it now.:eek:
Any ideas?
Thanks- :)

Sorry my friend. I have one too, and it sucks right royally.
Some days it crashes my computer, some days it spits the disks out, and some days it sits there trying to read the disk for about five minutes before turfing up the data.

At one stage it made bad noises and made the computer crash big time. Since then it has been removed from case, bashed about a bit and reinstalled. That seemed to help :).

Anyone ever used a firm-ware update on these sorts of drives?

Thermal said:
I don't want to buy a new one.....I want to fix it.:eh?:

Sad thing is, it pro'lly can't be fixed.

You could call Creative and see if there is a new Firmware for the device, or some new drivers, or some complications w/ your mobo and that device, but I don't think there will be.

When you boil it right down, the best hw that Creative makes is sound cards. Stay away from anything else.

Oh well.....guess I'll eat this one! -Have been all through creatives website, there is no drivers for Win2k.

It's funny though...I used to use it for boredom relief...now I'm in a new town, with only my clothes & my p.c.----wanted to watch a movie!:mad:

I installed Win-XP-Pro today....my DVD's are playing just fine now. We will see though...I still don't trust it though.:eh?:

Back