• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Shuttle SFFs offer good sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iopf

Registered
I just built myself a SFF system, the biostar ideq 200. It works great, quiet, fast,etc. However, the analog sound is horrible. When something is not playing, or on low volume, you can hear a hissing whine coming through the speakers. Im pretty sure that the hiss is caused by interference from the other components. I use headphones alot so this is really annoying.

Is this something that happens frequently with SFF systems? I've been thinking about upgrading to a new system to a Shuttle SB81P.

Does anybody with a shuttle experience the same hissing problem I have?

Or does anybody know how to remedy the interference?

p.s. (Yes I have tried adjusting volume controls, audio properties, and drivers).

Thanks in advance!

It really depends on what speakers you are using, and how sensative you areto these things. When I moved to a shuttle nforce3 from my nforce2, I could hear a difference between it and soundstorm, but I dont think there was any more hissing. If you are that worried about it, get an external audigy or a nice internet card.

The Biostar iDEQ 200T runs a CMedia 5.1 audio system, which although perhaps not the best sounding from my experience its pretty reasonable. I have however experienced driver problems with the CMedia before.
What configuration do you have for your speakers?, are The 3 audio jacks configured to drive a 6-speaker audio system ?
Have you tried listening to the sound on headphones, to ensure that the problem is not the speakers ?
Have you tried up dating your sound card drivers ?

Last edited:
Back