• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with boinc manager

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NUTNDUN

I need some help trying to figure out what is causing this. I have three identical machines at work with boinc manager 6.4.5 installed. Only one of the machines does work units when nobody is logged in. My machine only does wu's when I am logged in and the same with the other machine. I logged in as administrator to install boinc. The only difference between the setups that I know of is the two machines that only do wu's while we are logged in I added myself and the other person as part of the boinc admins group so we don't have to log in as administrators to change any settings.

On all of the installs I installed to C:\BOINC and C:\BOINC_DATA and only selected the check box for something about privileged user.

I got it figured out. Seems there is a bug in version 6.4.5 and a simple change in the registry and a reinstall and they are fine.

Back