• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highpoint/Promise question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phillyTIM

I think all of HIGHPOINT's raid solutions allow you to use the separate channels to connect (non-raid) hard drives to run on their own channel

which versions, if any, of promise allow this capability.

usually you have to either use promise ide's for raid, or nothing at all.

:/

phillyTIM, I can't address the Promise solutions, but I can tell you the High Point 372 (current onboard solution) will allow you to run a single drive. I just set up an EPoX 4SDA+ w/ the High Point 372 onboard and a Seagate Barracuda IV 40GB and it ran fine out of the box, w/ a Win98SE install. Once Win98 was installed I updated the driver w/ the supplied floppy and it works fine.

highpoint 372

Running 2 HDD's on my Raid channels without RAID. Onboard AK35GTR controller...

I am running the highpoint 370 RAID on my Epox 8K7A+ running my IBM 20Gb HDD by itself with my Sony52x Cd-r on IDE0 and my Acer Burner on IDE1 without a prob

Mate has simialar setup on an ASUS board(not sure which one) using his Promise RAID controller

So I See no probs

Back