• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many of you mine?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
I hope this is the right place to post :confused:

Okay, just a general question: How many users here at the forums mine?
Bitcoin, Primecoin whatevercoin, and what do you use to mine?

(Of course if it's okay to ask, I don't know how sensitive this info is and I don't want to break any rules here.)

I recently got into Primecoin mining (Thanks ivanlabrie for helping me setup!)
And my mining rig is my "sig rig":

Intel 2nd Gen i5-2300 @2.8 Ghz
6 Gb DDR3 Samsung / Generic Mix @ 665 Mhz
2X WD "Green" Sata 3 & Sata 6 HDD in Raid 0
Msi n550GTX-Ti-Cyclone-II-1GD5-OC

I'm still not sure the exact amount that I earn per day but if I'm reading Xolo's v0.6 miner right, I get about 1.22 chains per day. Which is about 0.87 XPM per day using the calculator below.

I found this Primecoin calulator here. Not sure if it's any good though...

Silver_Pharaoh

I'm mining with about 30x 7970s and 10x 7950s. I generally mine at hashco.ws. I also have 26 :)bang head) USB block errupters mining whatever is most profitable. I used to mine Primecoin, but I stopped because of difficulty. Have about 660 XPM from a few months back.

I'm mining with about 30x 7970s and 10x 7950s. I generally mine at hashco.ws. I also have 26 :)bang head) USB block errupters mining whatever is most profitable. I used to mine Primecoin, but I stopped because of difficulty. Have about 660 XPM from a few months back.

Woah! 40 gpu's?!? :drool:

Wow! I only have my lonely i5, and my cruddy AMD C60 "Brazos" dual core...

Very nice setup!

Silver_Pharaoh

Don't mine... not worth it power wise, and the market(s) are so volitile in the first place, I stay the heck away anyway (for me of course).

Back