• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Intel Haswell i7 4770K & i5 4670K Results Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It would be nice to see how long the test has been running in the screenshot as well. Thanks for responding so quickly :thup:

EDIT: I've PM'd the guys that made submissions before we started the screenshot requirement, so that we have the chance to update their submission.

Running p95 right now for time. Might push to 5.1 if I can lol

ES chips are allowed? I have two the same but I thought the point of this was to get a gauge on how retail chips clock. I think we know by now that ES don't really give realistic results. The retail chip I bought runs 20C hotter clock for clock, it is stupid :/

Heater if you have a retail chip that will prime at 5.1 under air or water you won the lotto and can probably sell it for a grand. Since I've never seen that before, I owuld like to see a SS of a 30 min stability test if possible (P95 or AIDA64). GL
I'll give a cookie to anyone that can graph standard deviation in google docs. That's the only reason I graphed it the way I did.

I suppose we should remove all results without screenshots since there's no proof.

Leading by example. :)

4.8 / 1.3V

4.9 / 1.33V

I didn't submit the second one yet. Frankly, I had forgotten I did it. :)

All I have to contribute is ES. I'm not reporting the 4.9 submission, FWIW. :)

Edited post:

Alright, I went up to 4.2 out of curiosity, seems to be good atm.

Note that I passed all the tests like IBT, prime 95 for 20 min and temps never reached above 85 so thats good. I get like 60C while gaming bf3 surfing the net and streaming at the same time :D.

you wanted a cinebench benchmark I'm guessing.

this is cpu z:

View attachment 130584

- Lol had a cinebench benchmark running, cpu temp 66 ;D
So temps are alright.

Oh and my batch is L310B443

View attachment 130578

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad start, Antoniv. We'll need a screenshot including a multi-threaded stress test to replace the one you posted.

Also, the batch # is printed on the CPU itself and on the retail packaging.

Also, Antoniv, if you use the Realtemp.exe file and not the "GT" that extra space will be gone. The "GT" sands for Gulftown, which is a 6 core processor.

They want a screenshot with the stress test running for 30 minutes so we know its (relatively) stable.

Crap... I need to post my stress test stuff too.. I will have that done by this weekend. Working a 12 hour day today and have a double header in softball tonight... then I work 14 hours tomorrow starting at 4AM... yuck.

Also, Antoniv, if you use the Realtemp.exe file and not the "GT" that extra space will be gone. The "GT" sands for Gulftown, which is a 6 core processor.

They want a screenshot with the stress test running for 30 minutes so we know its (relatively) stable.

Crap... I need to post my stress test stuff too.. I will have that done by this weekend. Working a 12 hour day today and have a double header in softball tonight... then I work 14 hours tomorrow starting at 4AM... yuck.

That sucks, enjoy softball though.

Anyway, alright thanks for informing me.

Fun fact, I had x58 motherboard and I saw an offer that a guy sells his 980x with cooler OC'ed at 4.6Ghz for 350 bucks :D

I don't even know why I went with the new pc, cause i upgraded everything, even PSU! :D

But meh, thought better go with i5 cause it's quite future proof but I was wrong, 980x @4.6ghz performs as fast as the 4770k, could of saved a lot of money and went just with the gpu because i wouldn't need to spend money for a new mobo.

I went full ****** :D

Going to redo the prime95 stress test for prolly 3hours, and as you said, am going to use that non GT realtemp version then.

edit: prime95 3h test

View attachment 130616

went 2c up when opened opera.

2nd edit: BSOD <3 by only surfing the net with like 10% cpu usage, BBCODE 101. ;(

Last edited by a moderator:
Im excited Building a 4670k for a buddy , I plan on tossing it in my system to see how it clocks . Put it this way if it boots @ 4.6 with 1.2 volts its not his chip any more as he doesn't overclock

Are we using sub-ambient results for this thread? That is going to throw off the curve quite a bit, no...? 4.8GHz @ 1.22v...

After doing some testing this morning I got 4500 @ 1.27v (4670k) running AIDA64 for 10 minutes, all I have is a screenshot of the stability test at the moment.

Over the weekend I'll run some more tests and get some better proofs, as well as the batch number.

I've dropped down to 4400ghz @ 1.23 for normal day to day use as I'd really like to stay under 1.25v at the most.

Average temps are 58c-60c with spikes upto 77c using a H220 AIO.

It's my 1st attempt ever at OC'ing a CPU so all I've played with so far is the preset setting in Easytune and changing the CPU Multiplier and Voltage Multiplier.

Last edited:
Bummer. I got kicked off the list.

Just haven't had the time to stress test everything all over again. Plus my Aida64 extreme trial expired. :(

Back