• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Selling laptop, want to know asking price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkFathom

Registered
Hey Guys, I want to sell my Alienware laptop, and was just wondering what about I should expect to get for it and if there is anyplace else you would suggest to sell it besides ebay. specs are:

Chassis: Alienware Chameleon Chassis
Processor: Intel Pentium IV 3.06 Ghz
System Memory: 1.00 GB of RAM (2x 512 DIMMS)
Hard Drive: 40 GB Hard Disk Drive, formatted for buyer
Display Adapter: Mobility Radeon 9000
Optical Drives: TEAC – DW224E CDRW/DVD Combo drive
Other Drives: Floppy Drive
Modem: SmartLink 56k Voice Modem
Network adapter: Realtek family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
Ports: Optical Infrared Port, headphone, microphone, 4x USB, Pinter, Mouse/Keyboard
Monitor: 15in Monitor 1600x1200 pixels
Operating System: Windows XP Professional version 2002
Accessories: Newer charger, Bytecc Aluminum dual fan Cooling pad Breifcasestyle carrying case

Thanks. JB :mad:

You would be able to sell it here if you had enough post count, but to answer you original question, how much did you pay for it and how long ago did you get it?

DarkFathom said:
Hey Guys, I want to sell my Alienware laptop, and was just wondering what about I should expect to get for it and if there is anyplace else you would suggest to sell it besides ebay. specs are:

<snip>

One way to gauge a price is to google around for the item on sale elsewhere, be it eBAY, etc...

Search eBAY for the exact item, or a model with similar specs... For example; I recently came across a broken lappy for sale, and was considering, until I found that working, identical models were selling on eBAY for roughly the same asking price as the broken one. Factoring in that it probably needed a motherboard, it put the broken one well out of the reasonable price range.

Not an exact science, but it's one method to determine a "fair market" value.

Back