• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

soldier of fortune(cd key)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

podja007

*** post edited by Moderator**

This type of info is not something we can have posted here, or the question itself even. Asking for a cd key is basically asking for the equivalant of Warez, or an illegal copy of a program.

If you legally own the software, the cd key should have come with it. If you have lost the orginal cd documentation, I suggest you contact the software manufacturer for a copy of YOUR cd key. You did register the software when you installed it, right??

Mr B

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get a chance to read the post and I'm not getting into warez, but most programs ask for the cd key upon installation. When they do this, they usually put the information into the Windows registry. If you own the software legitimately and have installed it before and had the cd key, try looking in the registry for the cd key. Some games, however, put it elsewhere. (Like D2...where does that key go??)

Try poking around in the registry. The info is usually in the Software/*company*/*name* tree. For example, the Win98 CD Key can be found by looking here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

To open the registry editor, click Start, Run..., and type in "regedit" (w/o the quotes). Or the program regedit.exe can be found in the C:\Windows directory.

Back