• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sticky Redux 2011

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
I want to put the first internal Team 32 issue on the table - since, as I understand it, we are going to use this private section to conduct internal/private Team 32 business as well advise Tim on DAB issues.

We have regressed back to a multitude of one off, unorganized stickies again. IMOG tried to help us clean things up a bit and get things more streamlined but no one (myself included) has taken up the reigns of what he tried to start here (ok, I edited it a little bit).

We have a couple really good, current stickies by Charlie (SMP, Diagnostics) that need folded (pun intended) into something higher level and more streamlined - similar to what IMOG started.

We have the WAY old install sticky - there is SOME (10~20%) good info still there.

Then we have the FAQ and Intro threads that I took over from dark15 a few years ago. They still house a lot of good info and links but alas I've let them lay stagnant for the last year and I really don't have the "want to" to maintain them anymore. I'd rather spend my free time on HFM. However, I don't want to see all this good info die either... and currently I feel like it's just hanging over my head - I want that feeling gone.

So... I come to you, the committee, to discuss how we "fix" this issue. I'd like to offer up the reigns of this "uber sticky" duty here first. Everyone here is dedicated to the long term success of Team 32 and that's the kind of person who we need to head this up. That said, we also have a relative noob to the Team, Jmtyra, that seems to be trying to take this on. He started this thread a few days ago. He's also been expressing interest in doing this in several threads over the last several months. So we seem to have a willing volunteer. My only issue is his longevity with the Team. He certainly is enthusiastic and seems to be spending a lot of $$$ on hardware. But we've seen folks like this come and go before.

So, what say ye? Is there anyone here who would like to take the reigns or should I formally offer the role to Jmtyra? In either case, I will work with said person initially to get things stuck, unstuck, and migrated to make sure we don't lose any valuable information from the stickies/guides we already have... but afterward I'd be out of the picture.

If you're interested, please post your name. If you're fine with me handing this duty over to Jmtyra, please post Jmtyra.

Happy New Year!
-H

Ryan,

If you think that Jmtyra will do the sticky section justice, then I say go for it.

I'm sure that Jmtyra would be responsive to constructive criticism, should it arise.

I know there wasn't a whole lot of discussion on this but Jmtyra and myself have come up with the new Super Sticky. That said I've unstuck just about everything else. I'd really like to have a single long term sticky. We can stick/unstick some threads for short times until they become part of the super sticky material.

That means I'd like to take the SMP2 install guide down too (it's in the sticky) - please don't shoot me for suggesting this Charles. :D

Hopefully this strategy will help people find information by using the resources available to them... without going to the forums first.

Please let me know what you all think... I can put back things like the New Members Thread, SMP2 guide, etc. if we decide that's what we want.

Back